Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Writers Christmas List

1. A heavy duty hole punch like this. It just takes me way too long to print and punch a script...like an entire day. If I had half a brain I could buy the three-hole punched paper from the store (if they still sell it) but I can never remember which way it goes in the printer and then I have to reprint and that's more time wasted.
So please, a decent puncher that lines up and bores holes, does more than a pathetic 12 pages at a clip and takes care of its own mess. Is that too much to ask for?

2. Subscription to Script magazine. I'm always planning to do this but never going through with it. I'm on the fence about Creative Screenwriting. Script seems less academic and more to the point and I love the improved look with Final Draft's takeover.

3. I have been wanting Pilar Alessandra's On the Page DVD. If you haven't checked out her free weekly podcasts you should. They are informative, funny, charming and now the episodes even come with a catchy theme song that I can't get out of my head.

4. When I get fully set up I want a photocopier in my office. Maybe it's from working in production company offices but I love nothing so much as reading a photocopied script: the font's always darker and thicker than anything that comes out of your printer. Plus I love the hypnotic rhythm of a machine at work.

5. A writer's desk and chair. I hate my uncomfortable Ikea chair that I've had for about eight years and the huge surface area desk that has no drawers and encourages clutter. I dream of something more grown up like this.

Okay Santa. That's it. Hope you've got lots of room on your sleigh!

All that's left is for Third World Girl to say Merry Christmas fellow scribes with visions of spec sales dancing in your heads...

And to all a good night.

Photo by hunterjumper

No comments: