Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Mac Died Yesterday...

And I poured a glass of wine and toasted it because that Mac has worked hard for eight long years, on two TV shows, across two countries so it's earned its final rest.

The poor hard drive gave me plenty of warning signs (sad, wheezing noises) which allowed me to do a decent amount of back-up but you're always worried that you missed something really obvious that has now gone up in smoke.

And of course I didn't back up the latest draft of everything...I'm a tinkerer and tweaker so the draft of crazy Bollywood movie that I was going to send off to co-producer Monday for example will need to be retweaked and retinkered to pre-Mac meltdown status. And then there's the Final Draft 7 I have to get back.

But what can you do? Suck it up and keep moving and not dwell on things lost in the fire.

Photo by Amanda M. Hatfield

No comments: