Friday, August 1, 2008

The Dumbest Endeavor Ever

I was talking to a friend of mine, bitching about being a third world producer trying to push projects forward in the first world. Right when I'm kvetching about all the out of pocket costs I'm running up, I said this has got to be the dumbest endeavor ever. What on earth makes me think I can get stuff made when people with way more connections and ahem talent are using those great 120 page scripts as coasters?


Not only that, my time has never been less my own (I've got a lovely 2.5 year old), I run a company so said kid doesn't starve, and I'm shopping a feature musical and working on two screenplays that are trying to claw their way from the backburner into the charming pieces of work they could some day grow up to be. Oh, and of course, I've got the historic documentary cash drain that's becoming almost as expensive as my grad school education. So come watch this fun ride...watch projects gather momentum and grow at the lightning speed of grass pushing up from the earth.


And let me apologize in advance for the inevitable let-down I will be as I decide, crap, I don't have the time to blog... I ought to be actually working or cooking or living.

No comments: