Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Is it Just Me?

Maybe I'm too sensitive or drinking too much caffeine but I just called a grant agency for the evaluator's comments on the documentary project and the chick on the phone says...

"If the director of programming hasn't gotten back to you it's because she's busy."

Wow. Okay. Let me not bother you anymore with my ridiculous requests for an evaluation that you invited me to ask for in an effort to strengthen the quality of future applications. It's not like you need Third World Girl and her Third World Film. It's not like the sole reason you exist is to fund, commission and award grants to us to provide public television with quality programming that celebrates the cultural heritage of African Americans and the African Diaspora.

Oh wait...that's right. It is the reason you exist. I just read all of the above in your mission statement. Too bad your junior staff doesn't get it.

No comments: