Monday, January 19, 2009

A Pretty Compelling Argument for Facebook...So Why'm I Still Holding Out?

I am pretty bad at trying to articulate why I'm not on Facebook. I don't even think I've worked it out myself... Some days it gets as crazy as my theory that the F in Facebook is for fat and everyone just gets on there to see how Fat everyone else has got.

Anyway, just when I'm happily wallowing in my ambivalence, a third worlder on Slate makes a pretty compelling argument for signing up. But he doesn't touch on Third World Girl's neurotic angst over rejecting people even though I'm sure said people won't agonize over it the way I do ignoring them. (Ah, the irony.)

So for now, I'll keep facebooking vicariously through hubby. Though in the end, I may just get on there to make communications with my real life friends & family easier. I mean, didn't I just write a post on "keeping in touch?"

No comments: